PSPS Training Webinar: Expanding Opportunities to Treat LSS Patients Earlier & More Often with PILD
September 2, 2020- GoToWebinar
This educational activity has been a Joint Collaboration between Pacific Spine & Pain Society (PSPS) and Dannemiller Healthcare Education
The PSPS Training Webinar will unite pain practitioners from the Pacific States (California, Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Alaska). Our goal is to present cutting edge information to practitioners of all levels and provide a forum for hands on demonstration and troubleshooting of medical devices and interventional options for chronic pain. The goal is to demonstrate best practices to improve the quality of care and treatment outcomes for chronic pain patients.
As a result of participating in this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Evaluate patients to determine appropriate candidates for PILD
- Use safety and efficacy data to understand where PILD fits in the lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) treatment algorithm
- Understand basic tenants and advantages of the technique
- Apply best practices for forging relationships with surgeon colleagues to help more patients
Statement of Need
Pain management and Interventional pain management are quickly growing fields in medicine. Emerging science and treatment options for patient care are growing rapidly and it is important for clinicians specializing in this field of medicine to know, understand and evaluate available options to be able to continue to provide the best treatment options and quality of care for patients. It is vitally important for clinicians to understand best practices and practice guidelines to insure that they are offering the best care, remaining in compliance to lessen exposure and liability while still insuring access to care and the best treatment outcomes for patients.
This activity has been planned and implemented by Dannemiller and Mantra. In support of improving patient care, Dannemiller is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Dannemiller designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Method of Participation
This activity should take approximately one hour and 30 minutes to complete. Participants should first read the objectives and other introductory CME/CE information and then proceed to the educational activity. To receive credit for this activity, participants must complete the post-test with a passing score of 80% and then complete the evaluation. To receive credit for this activity, please click here. Credit is provided through September 2, 2021. No credit will be given after this date. There is no fee to participate in this activity.
In the event you have questions about this activity or are unable to retrieve the certificate, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and a certificate will be emailed within 2 weeks.
Steven Falowski, MD
Denis G. Patterson, DO
Jason E. Pope, MD
Jacqueline Weisbein, DO
In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), Dannemiller requires that any person who is in a position to control the content of a CME/CE activity must disclose all financial relationships they have with a commercial interest.
The following faculty stated they have no financial relationships with commercial interests:
The following faculty members have financial relationships with commercial interests:
- Steven Falowski, MD: Speaker Bureau: Abbott, SPR Therapeutics, Saluda Medical. Consultant and Advisory Medical Board: Abbott, Medtronic, Vertiflex, SPR Therapeutics, CornerLoc, Saluda Medical, Vertos Medical. Investigator: Abbott, Medtronic, Vertiflex, Saluda Medical. Stockholder: SPR Therapeutics, CornerLoc, Saluda Medical, Celeri, SpineThera, AGR, Neural Integrative Solutions, Thermaquil.
- Denis G. Patterson, DO: Speaker Bureau: Abbott, Allergan, Amgen, CornerLoc, Flowonix, Vertos Medical. Consultant: Abbott, Allergan, Amgen, CornerLoc, Flowonix, Saluda Medical, Vertos Medical. Advisory/Medical Board: Abbott, AIS, CornerLoc, Vertos Medical. Investigator: Abbott, AIS, Flowonix, Vertiflex.
- Jason E. Pope, MD: Consultant: Abbott, Medtronic, SPR Therapeutics, Vertos Medical, Boston Scientific, Ethos Labs, Flowonix, Saluda Medical, PainTEQ. Advisory/Medical Board: Abbott, Flowonix, Saluda Medical, Vertos Medical, Ethos Labs, Thermaquil, PainTEQ, Boston Scientific. Stockholder: Celeri Health, SPR Therapeutics, Thermaquil, PainTEQ, Vertos Medical, SpineThera, AGR, NIS.
- Jacqueline Weisbein, DO: Speaker Bureau: Abbott, Medtronic, Boston Scientific. Consultant: Abbott, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Omnia. Advisory/Medical Board: Abbott, Omnia. Investigator: Abbott.
Vafi Salmasi, MD, content reviewer and Kim DuQue Urdialez, Dannemiller Project Manager, have no financial relationships with commercial interests.
To resolve identified/potential conflicts of interest, the educational content was fully reviewed by a member of the Dannemiller Clinical Content Review Committee who has nothing to disclose. The resulting certified activity was found to provide educational content that is current, evidence based and commercially balanced.
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by FDA. The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. Further, attendees/participants should appraise the information presented critically and are encouraged to consult appropriate resources for any product or device mentioned in this program.
The content and views presented in this educational activity are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of Dannemiller or PSPS. This material is prepared based upon a review of multiple sources of information, but it is not exhaustive of the subject matter. Therefore, healthcare professionals and other individuals should review and consider other publications and materials on the subject.